Welcome to the 2021 Spring Girls Lacrosse season and U15 Black team! We are sooooo excited to have your daughter on our team. Below is some information to review.
TEAM INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION
Information for U15 Black including the roster, contact information and schedule can be found on our team page. Coach communications will be emailed from the website. You can expect a weekly email as we get closer to April. If you wish to add/change email addresses, log in to MHDGirlsLax.org and update your Account. Coaches cannot make changes to individual accounts.
HOW TO ACCESS OUR TEAM PAGE:
1. Log into Marblehead Girls Youth Lacrosse (MHDGirlsLax.org)
2. Enter your email address and password
3. Select our team from “MHDLAX GIRLS TEAMS” horizontal tab
We compete in the North division of Founders Girls Lacrosse League (FGLL). We have eight Sunday games starting 4/11. Games are 4/11, 4/18, 4/25, 5/2, 5/9, 5/16, 5/23, 6/6 with a potential Jamboree on 6/13 (no game on Memorial Day Weekend). Standard field positions are four attack players, four defensive players, three midfield players and a goalie.
Due to COVID, we will not be able to practice indoors. Practice starts next week outside on the Tower Turf weather permitting. Our tentative schedule for the month of March is:
Tuesday 3/2 and Thursday 3/4 from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Tuesday 3/9 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Thursday 3/18 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Tuesday 3/23 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm
Thursday 3/25 7:30 to 8:30
Tuesday 3/30 7:30 to 8:30
Always check email if the weather is questionable before practice. We will do our best to email in a timely fashion if we need to cancel due to weather or field conditions. Subscribe to athletic field status updates on the Town of Marblehead website for automatic field notifications.
UNIFORMS & EQUIPMENT:
The U15 game uniform includes a numbered jersey top supplied by the program and a black skort. Any color shirt or sweatshirt can be worn under the jersey, but we prefer black. Jerseys are supplied when a player first registers with Marblehead Girls Youth Lacrosse. If she’s a returning player, locate her skort and jersey. Try them on. If she needs a larger size or replacement, contact Heather Bush (
) as soon as possible.
Player equipment for practice includes mask, stick, eyewear, mouthguard, reversible practice pinnie or her uniform jersey and cleats. Masks must be worn at all times, cover the mouth and nose and loop around the ears. No gaiters or masks that tie around the head or neck. Mouthguards, eyewear and masks are mandatory — your daughter cannot play without them. Assure that she and her equipment are ready for our first practice. We recommend a bag/ backpack for all of their gear. We really want the girls to be responsible for their equipment. With Covid restrictions we may not share sticks, eyewear, sweatshirts etc.
- Make sure your daughter arrives at practice on time with a mask, marked reusable water bottle, eyewear, mouthguard, reversible pinnie, hand sanitizer, stick, cleats, warm layers (sweatpants, leggings, fleece, wind jacket, hat and gloves if cold out).
- Hair should be tied back.
- Jewelry off.
- Make sure your daughter arrives ready to have fun and learn.
As coaches, we will strive to instill the following:
- Have fun.
- Learn to advocate for yourself and work as hard as you can on and off the field to learn, respect and love the game of Lacrosse.
- Be a team player.
- Always display good sportsmanship, by respecting your teammates, coaches, opponents, and officials.
- Come to each practice a few minutes early, with a smile on your face, and be ready to have fun.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Listen to and respect your coaches and teammates.
- Always portray good sportsmanship.
- Give 100% in practice and games.
- Have your daughter arrive no earlier than 5 mins before practice, healthy, fully dressed and ready to start on time.
- Please pick up your daughter immediately at the end of practice.
- Follow COVID guidelines per the CDC for assessing symptoms and please have your daughter stay home if she is not feeling well or has been exposed to someone with Covid. If your daughter arrives at practice and is not feeling well, We will call you to come pick her up.
- Players are allowed to have 1 spectator per game. Spectators must be masked and maintain social distance between other spectators.
- Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) offers a terrific online course for parents – go to the “Code of Conduct” tab at mhdgirlslax.org for more information.
We are so excited to get this season going for the girls.. Let's hope we have some nice March weather!
If you have any questions, please let us know. Sticks Up!!